DESCRIPTION: Instructions on scheduling Program Guide updates using the Task Scheduler (Windows XP and 2000).
Follow these directions if you'd like to pick the time of day for Program Guide updates to occur. Note that this is an unsupported feature and may not work with all versions. This workaround may require that security is disabled or that the administrator is logged in to Beyond TV.
For Beyond TV 3.4.4 or earlier:
- Start at the Windows "CONTROL PANEL." Navigate to: SCHEDULED TASKS --> ADD SCHEDULED TASK. The wizard will start; hit NEXT.
- Select "Internet Explorer" and hit NEXT.
- Name the task if desired (e.g. "Beyond TV Guide Update"), select the frequency (e.g. Daily), and hit NEXT.
- Select the Start Time and additional options (e.g. Every Day), and hit NEXT.
- Enter the user name whose login Beyond TV will be running on, and that user's password.
- Check the box marked "Open advanced properties for this task..." and hit FINISH.
- Encapsulate the command line and executable in quotation marks, enter a space after the closing quotation mark, and then the following command line (enter variables as appropriate):
An example of the completed "Run" entry (for Beyond TV 3.4.4 or earlier) is as follows:
1. This process will leave an Internet Explorer window open on your desktop. You may set the job to abort if it runs for more than one minute in order to close the Internet Explorer windows automatically. To do so, go to the SETTINGS tab and check the box marked "Stop the task if it runs for:" and set the numbers to 0 hours, 1 minute(s).
2. The "ADMINPORT" value is by default 8129.
- Then hit Apply, fill out any necessary additional information, and hit OK to clear out any remaining windows.
For Beyond TV 3.5 or later:
Use this addon available in our forums to schedule and monitor guide update activity.