DESCRIPTION: This article contains instructions on manually specifying command line operations that will be performed on recordings after their completion, adhering optionally to the "Constraints" rule as specified in WEB ADMIN --> SHOWSQUEEZE.
This feature is recommended only for advanced users.
ARTICLE: To add custom postprocessing steps that will be performed on every recording after completion:
- Place "ssppcmd.dll" (attached to this article) in your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\Plugins" directory. (In Beyond TV 4.9, there is no need to download this file as it is already included in the Plugins directory.)
- Place "CustomPostProcessing.xml" (attached to this article) in your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV" directory.
- Edit "CustomPostProcessing.xml" and replace "ENTER THE PATH OF YOUR COMMAND HERE" with the absolute path of an executable that takes a filename as a command line argument. This executable will then be run on every file generated by Beyond TV.
- To run mulitple executables, add another item to "'CustomPostProcessing.xml", adhering to the following form:
<Value>ENTER THE PATH OF YOUR COMMAND HERE</Value>
Again, remember to replace "ENTER THE PATH OF YOUR COMMAND HERE" with the absolute path of an executable to run. Do not alter the GUID value, as it is the GUID of this post-processor plugin.
- Your executable will be run during the time constraints you have configured on the Video Recompression Page of the Web UI. If you wish for it to run immediately irrespective of time constraints, replace "Deferred" with "Immediate"
- When run at the same time as the other two post-processing commands, precedence will be taken in this order:
- CUSTOM POSTPROCESSING
- SMARTCHAPTER GENERATION
- WMV files will not appear in the video library until the custom task has completed; if the priority is set to "Deferred," then these files may not appear until the next day.