DESCRIPTION: DXDIAG is a Windows diagnostic utility that allows collection of detailled information about a system's hardware and Windows component configuration, with the option to save this information to a text file. The information in this file can be very helpful when troubleshooting technical issues related to SnapStream Media products.
Use the following procedure to create and save a DXDIAG report to inlcude with support requests sent to the SnapStream Support Desk.
- From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."
- Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.
- DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.
- A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.
- When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.
Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.
- Attach this file using the e-mail form provided to contact SnapStream Technical Support.