Knowledgebase: Beyond Media
How to create a Debug Log With Debug View
Posted by - NA - on 28 December 2005 07:52 AM
DESCRIPTION:Instructions for creating a detailed 'Debug View' LOG file to aid in the troubleshooting process.
ARTICLE:1) Download Debug View From:
2) Shut down all non-essential Windows programs and processes.
3) Unzip and run DebugView.
4) IMPORTANT: Ensure that "Clock Time" from the "Options" menu has a checkmark next to it. If not, click it to mark the LOG with timestamps.
5) Ensure that "Capture Win32" in the "Capture" menu has a checkmark next to it. If not, click it to begin capturing.
6) From the "File" menu, select "Log To File" to save the Debug Log output as a text file.
7) Run Beyond TV -- OR Beyond Media -- depending on the issue.
8) Recreate the problem that you are creating the logs for.
Finally, attach the text file, along with the corresponding Beyond TV (or Beyond Media) log file, when you update your incident. The log files are named primarily by date and are located in:
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\SnapStream\Beyond TV\log
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond Media\Logs