Knowledgebase: Enterprise TV
Creating a custom lineup for use with in-house cable
Posted by Daniel Mee on 11 March 2008 03:20 PM
DESCRIPTION:This article gives instructions for using the SnapStream.Net Custom Lineup Wizard to remap channels from existing SnapStream.Net lineups. The purpose of the custom lineup wizard is to create a lineup with program guide data for an internally modulated cable feed.
To configure Enterprise TV for direct video inputs, please see: Setting up Enterprise TV for use with direct video inputs.
To configure Enterprise TV for multiple sources, please see: Setting up Enterprise TV for use with multiple TV sources.
To create a lineup without guide data, such as for internally generated channels, use the Channels menu in the Web Admin.
DESCRIPTION:1. In order to use the Custom Lineup Wizard, you must create a SnapStream.Net account. A SnapStream.Net account can only be created by running the Setup Wizard. To run the Setup Wizard, first shut down the Enterprise TV services by right-clicking on the TV tray icon and selecting Stop services.
Wait for a dialog box to appear, saying "The services have been stopped."
Then right-click on the TV icon again and select Exit.
The Setup Wizard is available in the SnapStream program group in the start menu. SnapStream.Net account creation is the last step in the Wizard.
After creating an account, finish the Setup Wizard and DO NOT start Enterprise TV.
For more information on the Setup Wizard, see the SnapStream Help File.
2. Once you have created a SnapStream.Net account, open a web browser and go to http://www.snapstream.net. You will be prompted to log in using the username and password you just created.
3. Once you have successfully logged in, go to the following address: http://www.snapstream.net/configure/customlineupwizard.aspx
4. You will see the following page:
From this page, you can either import channels with guide data from existing SnapStream.Net lineups ("SnapStream.Net channels") or create "custom" channels, which will not have guide data.
5. To import channels, click Import Channels and follow the onscreen instructions to select a lineup from which channels will be imported. Note: You do not need to be able to receive the lineup you are importing in order to import the channels. Channel IDs are independent of lineup.
6. Once you have imported all the SnapStream.Net channels that you wish to add, use the Add Custom Channel button to create any internally generated channels.
7. Set Lineup Type to Digital or Analog depending on the type of TV you receive. Note: "Digital" here applies only to Over-the-air HD (ATSC) and QAM channels, neither of which are supported by the Enterprise TV Server as of March 2008. Users with digital cable or satellite lineups that include digital channels should select "Analog."
8. Enter or change channel numbers, names and callsigns so that they match your internal cable feed, and give the lineup a name. Callsigns will appear in the Enterprise TV Program Guide.
9. Click Save and Exit.
10. Run the Setup Wizard again to download the new lineup. It is not necessary to make any changes to the configuration of Enterprise TV during this step. When the Setup Wizard is finished, start Enterprise TV.
11. Open the Web Admin and navigate to Settings=> Audio and Video Inputs.
12. For each tuner that will receive the new lineup, click Edit Settings, select the lineup in the Channel Lineup drop-down box.
Then click Save and Exit.
13. The custom lineup should now appear in your program guide.