Program listings are not available, and the message "EPG Data is Low" or "No Guide Data Left" may appear. Additionally, all channels in full-screen Program Guide may be shown as channel number 0 and all show information is shown as "Unavailable."
If the user attempts to manually download SnapStream.Net Program Guide data, the message "Processing new data failed." may appear.
Take these steps in the order they are presented; after finishing each, try a manual Program Guide update download from fullscreen / windowed mode, or the ViewScape interface, via SETTINGS --> SNAPSTREAM.NET SETTINGS.
- This most often occurs because a lineup was not created and associated properly. Run the Setup Wizard (available from the same Program Group as Beyond TV) and ensure that you have configured a lineup, and that it is associated with the tuner device(s) in your system. Please note again that SnapStream.Net accounts and guide information are available only to folks with a United States ZIP code or Canadian postal code.
- This can also occur soon after a user has upgraded a Trial version of Beyond TV to a Paid version. Sometimes, the SnapStream.Net servers are very busy and cannot process the account transfer from the Trial servers to the Paid servers. In this case, it is recommended that you wait up to an hour before trying again.
- Check the system date and time. Although Beyond TV version 3.5.0 and later will warn you if your system date is not correct, version 3.4.4 and earlier will not. If the date is set improperly (for example, a month in the past, or a year in the past), Beyond TV will complete the update but have no data to display. Check and correct the date via CONTROL PANEL --> DATE AND TIME.
- Reboot your PC and exit *all* non-essential Windows programs. Then, navigate to your temporary directory, which is located on your system drive (C: in this example, and in almost all Windows setups) under "C:\Documents and Settings\(USERNAME)\Local Settings\Temp" where (USERNAME) is the login name you use to sign in to your computer. NOTE: Easiest way to jump to your temp folder is to go to Start > Run, and type: %temp% (enter). Locate and Delete the Snapstream folder if it exists.
- Check for SnapStream.Net server outages or connection problems:
Check this status page to see whether the SnapStream.Net servers are down for maintenance or experiencing an outage. If the servers are down, there will be an announcement on that page to that effect, or a corresponding icon displaying that a site is down.
If there is no outage, check to see if you can connect to test page.
If you do not see a SnapStream logo on the page, something is preventing a connection to the SnapStream.Net servers. If this is the case, ensure that no software firewalls or routers are preventing Beyond TV from connecting to SnapStream.Net. Refer to our Knowledge Base article on configuring firewalls to ensure that any such programs or hardware which may prevent unrestricted access to the Internet are configured to allow updates.
- This may also occur if from a proxy server or an "Internet or Web Accelerator," such as the kind that dial-up Internet Service Providers (ISPs) provide.
Note: SnapStream.Net accounts and guide listings are currently only available to users with a United States ZIP code or Canadian postal code. If you live outside of the United States, you may be able to get listings via XMLTV. Using XMLTV for guide listings is not officially supported.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please submit a ticket to technical support here.